Chilean superstar Arturo Vidal has been banned from driving after being charged with a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) in Santiago, Chile this afternoon.
The Juventus man crashed his car in the early hours of Friday morning, and was found to have been intoxicated behind the wheel.
He was released from jail earlier in the day, but told that he could face up to four years in prison if the judge wasn’t feeling lenient.
However, having been spared of any time behind bars, he has instead had his license rescinded and must report to the Chilean consulate in Milan every month. The judge also said that the investigation into what happened will take 120 days.
Both Vidal and his wife were involved in the crash, as the sped down a highway on their return from a casino.
He had been found to be drunk, but has caused controversy for being let off so lightly.
— Erdy Yansyah (@erdy1090) June 17, 2015
BREAKING NEWS : Chile coach Sampaoli confirms Arturo Vidal will NOT be excluded from the squad for #Chile2015,after driving ban
— Goal Zone (@goalzone099) June 17, 2015
— Omnisport News (@OmnisportNews) June 17, 2015
Get upto £200 in free matched bets with bet365 - Click here to find out more