Here is Monday’s news and gossip concerning Chelsea:
Everton are bracing themselves for a third bid from Jose Mourinho’s men for John Stones, according to the Daily Mail.
The Blues have already had offers of £20m and £26m rejected by the Toffees.
Baba Rahman’s move to Stamford Bridge is set to be announced in the very near future, according to the Metro.
Chelsea had reportedly had a £17.5m offer turned down by Augsburg recently, but it appears that they have now reached an agreement.
Steve McClaren has reportedly warned Chelsea off trying to make one of the most bizarre moves in this window, the Daily Express report.
The Blues are supposedly interested in Georginio Wijnaldum, despite the fact that the Dutch midfielder only joined Newcastle earlier this summer.
Despite having Thibaut Courtois sent off during their opening game against Swansea, Jose Mourinho has insisted that the club do not miss Petr Cech, the Daily Mirror report.
He did say however, that their title rivals were now considerably stronger because of the 33-year-old’s arrival.
“We’ve got a good keeper, the problem with Petr is not that we miss him because we have two excellent keepers,” he said.
“The problem with Petr is that an opponent is better than before,” he added.
Finally, the Blues’ club doctor Eva Carneiro has thanked fans for their support after she was criticised by Mourinho for running onto the pitch to treat Eden Hazard during the Swansea game, according to the Daily Mirror.
“I would like to thank the general public for their overwhelming support. Really very much appreciated,” she said.