News emerged on Tuesday morning that Arsenal are considering a move for Real Betis youngster Dani Ceballos, with some fans unsure as to who he is exactly.
Hardly a household name, the central midfielder is being tipped as a future star in the game, and below is a report of all the need to know details about the youngster in order to give you a better idea of why Arsene Wenger is so keen on him and where he will fit into the side should a move go ahead.
– Born in Sevilla on August 7 1996, he is currently 19-years-old.
– Having originally joined Sevilla’s youth set up, he switched to Betis in 2011 after a short spell with Utrera.
– He made his debut for the Betis B team in 2014, making four appearances before being called up to the senior side later that same year.
– Since then he has made 37 appearances for Betis, scoring five goals as he helped them climb back into La Liga from Segunda.
– He scored his first professional goal for the club in December 2014, netting the first in a 2-0 victory over Racing Santander.
– He has 13 caps for the Spanish under-19 side, where he helped them to lift the UEFA European Under-19 Championship this summer, and has been called up three times for the under-21s.
– He has been likened to compatriot Cesc Fabregas, and can assist and score in equal measure.
– Clubs have been alerted that Ceballos has less than a year on his contract, with the buyout clause set a £7.5million.
Get upto £200 in free matched bets with bet365 - Click here to find out more