Real Madrid are poised to sign the most lucrative kit sponsorship contract in football history after reportedly agreeing a new deal with Adidas, according to Marca, as reported by The Daily Mail.
According to Jose Felix Diaz of the Spanish newspaper, the Galacticos could rack up as much as £106 million per year if all clauses are met, which is understood to be a 10-year agreement that will see them eclipse Manchester United’s record-breaking deal with Adidas.
The Spanish giants lost their number one position when the Red Devils signed their £75m per year (for 11 years) back in 2014, but will now once again feature the most expensive shirt in football, having a deal that will be worth more than Chelsea’s, Arsenal’s and Liverpool’s combined.
Adidas now boosts six of the most lucrative kit deals, also featuring Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus and AC Milan. Nike has two (Barcelona and PSG), Puma (Arsenal) and New Balance (Liverpool) one.
The top ten:
1. Real Madrid (Adidas) – £106m per season over 10 years
2. Manchester United (Adidas) – £75m over 11 years
3. Bayern Munich (Adidas) – £60m over 15 years
4. Chelsea (Adidas) – £30m over 10 years
5. Arsenal (Puma) – £30m over 5 years
6. Liverpool (New Balance) – £24m over 6 years
7. Barcelona (Nike) – £24m over 10 years
8. Juventus (Adidas) – £20m over 8 years
9. AC Milan (Adidas) – £18m over 10 years
10. PSG (Nike) – £18m over 11 years
Get upto £200 in free matched bets with bet365 - Click here to find out more