As reported earlier on Thursday, Liverpool and Chelsea target Alex Texeira will join Jiangsu Suning of the Chinese Super League.
According to Calciomercato, and confirmed by Sky Sports on Twitter, the Chinese club will pay an Asian record £38 million for the Brazilian. The record was broken only recently when Atletico’s Jackson Martinez moved to Chinese champions Guaghzuo Evergrande on a £32 million deal.
Like Martinez, Teixeira will become one of the highest paid football players in the world, coming in at a joint tenth place with Kevin De Bruyne, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Edinson Cavani. Martinez is ranked fifth.
The full top 10 (as reported by Gazzetta dello Sport contributor Tanceri Palmeri):
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – £16.1 million
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – £15.4 million
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG)- £12.3 million
4. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) – £10.4 million
5. Jackson Martinez (Guaghzuo Evergrande) – £9.6 million
6. Thiago Silva (PSG) – £9.2 million
7. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) – £8.8 million
8. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
Angel Di Maria (PSG) – £8.4 million
10. Edinson Cavani (PSG)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Manchester United)
Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
Alex Teixeira (Jiangsu Suning) – £7.6 million
Get upto £200 in free matched bets with bet365 - Click here to find out more