Both Manchester United and Arsenal have come up short this season, being unable to contend for the Premier League crown as Leicester City are ready to surprisingly win it.
The Red Devils are ranked fifth in the current standings, in danger of missing the Champions League as those places are reserved for the first four. Meanwhile, the Gunners missed out on the title after a poor stretch of games in during January and February.
However, both clubs have been world class in regard to one specific statistic: goals conceded at their home ground.
Especially United are one of Europe’s best, conceding only eight goals at Olf Trafford so far this season. Only Serie A champions Juventus (6), La Liga giants Atletico Madrid (7) and Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich (7) have been better than the Red Devils.
Villarreal, Liverpool’s opponents in the semi-finals of the Europea League, have conceded ten goals at home, with Arsenal coming in fifth, conceding 11 goals at the Etihad this season. The same amount as Napoli, Angers, and Lille.
Tottenham are ranked seventh, conceding 13 goals at White Heart Line. One goal less than La Liga giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.
The full top 10:
1. Juventus (ITA) – 6
2. Atletico Madrid (ESP) Bayern Munich (GER) – 7
3. Manchester United (ENG) – 8
4. Villarreal (ESP) – 10
5. Arsenal (ENG) Napoli (ITA) Angers/Lille (FRA) – 11
6. Borussia Dortmund (GER) PSG (FRA) – 12
7. Tottenham (ENG) Hertha Berlin (GER) Malaga (ESP) – 13
8. Barcelona/Real Madrid (ESP) Inter/Genoa (ITA) Lyon/Saint-Etienne/Bastia (FRA) – 14
9. Bayer Leverkusen (GER) – 15
10. Fiorentina (ITA) Athletic Bilbao (ESP) Nice (FRA) Wolfsburg/Ingolstadt (GER) – 16
Get upto £200 in free matched bets with bet365 - Click here to find out more