Arsenal target Pogba to stay with Juventus
Italian champions Juventus have said that midfielder Paul Pogba - targeted by Arsenal - will not be leaving the club this summer, representing another transfer setback for Arsene Wenger’s side, the Daily Telegraph has reported.
Arsenal were thought to be considering a £20m move for Pogba as Wenger continues to look for a central midfielder after missing out on Brazil international Luiz Gustavo, and having tabled a bid for Newcastle United’s Yohan Cabaye on Sunday.
Pogba made a good impression in his first season in Italy, making 37 appearances in all competitions and scoring five goals after leaving Manchester United, where he only made seven outings. He has also received his first two caps for France.
And Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has made it clear that Pogba is not for sale. He told Tuttosport: “Forget about Pogba, we do not have the slightest intention of listening to any offer which may arrive for our midfielder.”
For Arsenal, this continues their disappointing transfer window so far, with young striker Yaya Sanogo still the only player to arrive at the Emirates Stadium this summer, although Wenger has promised more new signings before the deadline on September 2.
See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Fulham v Arsenal