Arsenal boss Wenger plays down new deal reports
Arsene Wenger refused to deny he had been offered a new contract by Arsenal, but insisted the situation is not priority, writes Sky Sports.
Wenger, who has been in charge of Arsenal for 17 years, didn’t deny contract talks were being ongoing, but reiterated that the next Arsenal fixture was priority. “Yes, I didn't deny that (that a contract had been offered),” said the Frenchman.
“I just said what I said at the start of the season and nothing has changed. I believe that when you are manager at the club, you have to prepare for the long term always and act like you would stay forever. I believe that what is important is the next game.”
The Gunners host Norwich City on Saturday at the Emirates Stadium, knowing that a win will keep Wenger’s side top of the Premier League. Norwich travel to London having lost four of their last seven matches, finding themselves in the relegation zone along with Sunderland and Crystal Palace. In contrast, Arsenal are unbeaten following their opening day defeat at home to Aston Villa.
Wenger, 63, earned the Premier League Manager of the Month Award in September after Arsenal’s impressive run of form. The Frenchman has won the award 13 times since taking over at the club.
See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Arsenal v Norwich