Moyes told to back off as Man United won't be signing Strootman from Roma
Wednesday 11 December 2013
David Moyes has been told to look elsewhere as transfer target Kevin Strootman will not be leaving Roma, according to The Daily Mail.
The player’s own representative has revealed that the 23-year-old is more than happy to remain in Italy and has advised the Premier League champions to look elsewhere as they seek to strengthen their side in January.
United have had a disappointing season thus far and currently sit ninth, a full 13 points behind this season’s impressive package Arsenal.
The Gunners are all too aware of what the right marquee signing can do for a team, however, as their capture of Real Madrid star Mesut Ozil late in the summer transfer window has helped breathe fresh air into Arsene Wenger’s side.
Speaking to Sky Sports, the Dutch international’s representative Chiel Dekker said: “Kevin is very happy in Rome and his intention is to stay here for a long time. They have started a project and a new team and he has adapted well to his new club.”
Strootman only joined Roma from PSV in July for a fee of around €17m, and United had identified him as a potential new face in January to help add some new depth to a midfield which has been seen as below par by their own standards so far.
See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Aston Villa v Man Utd