Home
Prediction League
Fixtures
Results
News
Features
Premier League
EPL Home
Latest
Clubs
Stadiums
Friends
Blogs
Football League
World Cup 2014
Europe
Euro Football Home
Latest
Russian Premier
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
La Liga
Football Italiano
International
International Home
Latest
World Cup 2010
Euro 2012 Stadiums
Euro 2012
Denmark 2011
AFCON 2013
Betting
About Us
Advertising
Write for us
Privacy
Recruitment
newswriter
Twitter
Contact Us
 
 

Leaked video shows Mangala Man City ‘signing’


Bookmark and Share

By Joe Haining

Friday 25 July 2014

A video clip that was briefly displayed on Manchester City’s website apparently showed French international defender Eliaquim Mangala signing for the club, reports BBC Sport.


Eliaquim Mangala


The video showed Mangala arriving in Manchester by private jet, and then being taken to a medical examination and given a tour of the club’s training ground, with captions proclaiming him to be “City’s newest signing”.


“I am here to help the team win titles, the league, the cup and the Champions League,” says Mangala in the video. “I am ambitious and this is why I am here.”


Asked what his ambitions for his time with the Blues were, he responded: “To play as many games as possible and to help the team the best I can to be champions of England.”


However, the video was swiftly taken down by the club, who claimed that their information systems had been hacked and that the video should not have been displayed. “Our video storage system for City TV has been hacked and the video was leaked,” said a club spokesman. “The deal is not done or officially confirmed on our website.”


The 23-year-old defender is currently the property of FC Porto, but has been linked with a move to the Etihad Stadium in a deal reported to be worth £32 million. Mangala almost joined City during the January transfer window, but the two clubs were unable to agree a suitable fee.


Mangala was born near Paris, but grew up in Belgium, where he got his first taste of senior football with Standard Liège. He signed for Porto for €7.5 million (£5.9 million) in the summer of 2011 and went on to make 92 appearances in all competitions for the club.


He also has international honours with the country of his birth, but failed to add to his three French caps during the recent World Cup, where he was an unused substitute throughout Les Bleus’ campaign.


See what the expert tipsters are tipping on OLBG




Related Articles


» 

Capital One Cup quarter-final draw: Derby County to host Chelsea

» 

Mangala will improve, Pellegrini insists

» 

Get your Premier League tickets with World Ticket Shop

» 

Aguero to face no action for challenge on Noble

» 

QPR vs Aston Villa - Premier League preview and team news

» 

Looking for a job in football? Submit your CV now

» 

Winners and Losers: Fellaini fighting back at Man Utd

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

Name

Email Address *

Comments


Please enter code on left.


Terms & Conditions

* A valid email is required to submit a comment. Your email will not be displayed on this or any other website, nor will it be passed to any 3rd parties. For more information please see the terms and conditions.



0 Comments


No Comments have been posted yet


 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

Premier League Football News


ArsenalAston VillaChelseaEvertonFulhamLiverpoolManchester CityManchester UtdNewcastle UtdNorwich City
ReadingQueens Park RangersSouthamptonStoke CitySunderlandSwansea CityTottenham HotspurWest Bromwich AlbionWest HamWigan Athletic

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
  
 

 
 
 
 

Kick Football News