Arsenal news – Jay-Z to sign? Silva expects Fabregas move, Wenger pleased with style

Every morning A Different League searches the nations press to bring you the latest goings on at Arsenal. Today:

Jay-Z to sign?

Arsenal could soon have a new board room member in the guise of none other than Jay-Z. The rapper has even said that he and his wife Beyonce Knowles would move to London to allow the star to attend board room meetings. According to Mirror Football, he said: “We would have to spend much more time in London. I never want to be a back-seat investor – I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making.” The Hard Knock Life singer, real name Shawn Carter, 40, admitted earlier this year that he began supporting Arsenal during the Thierry Henry era. He continued: “I just thought he was an amazing player. Ever since then I have been a big fan of the club and still today you play the beautiful football that Thierry did. I think he had a real long term-effect on the team.”

Wenger pleased with attacking style.

Arsene Wenger has vowed that Arsenal will retain their attacking philosophy after notching their 1,000th goal of the Professor’s reign on Saturday. Speaking to Sky Sports, Wenger stated that he feels the Gunners slowly built an offensive style, which has the fans drooling at the prospect of results such as the 4-1 win over Bolton as opposed to the “1-0 to Arsenal” days. He said: “I think the Arsenal? fans want to win and be entertained – the target is to win and to win with style. I think both go together.”

Silva expects Fabregas move.

Former Arsenal star Gilberto Silva believes it is only a matter of time before Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas returns to hometown club Barcelona. Silva, who is currently enjoying his third season at Panathinaikos since leaving the reds in 2008, plays at the Camp Nou for the first time tonight when the Greeks meet the Catalans in the Champions League. Speaking to the Daily Mail, the 33-year-old said: “He is a great player and a good guy. I wish him well at Arsenal, but sooner or later he will return to Barcelona.” Silva added, however, that he does not feel Fabregas should win the new FIFA Ballon d’Or at the end of the year, stating that the award should instead go to either Xavi or Andr

Related posts