The agent of former Chelsea boss and current coach of the Turkish national side Guus Hiddink has rubbished rumours that he is set to return for a second spell at Stamford Bridge should Carlo Ancelotti’s tenure at the English champions come to an end according to a report on The Independent’s website.
Chelsea’s poor form continued with a 3-1 defeat at Arsenal on Monday but Roman Abramovich, who is a close friend of Hiddink’s following the latter’s time in charge of the Russian national side, has thus far shown patience with the popular former AC Milan coach.
Hiddink’s previous spell at the club in 2009 was a temporary three month stint which he juggled with his Russian job following the dismissal of Luiz Felipe Scolari. During that time, Chelsea finished third in the league and won the FA Cup.
Agent Cees van Nieuwenhuizen said when asked about the Dutchman’s possible return: “I consider that as impossible. It was much easier before [in 2009] for us to come to an agreement with the Russian Federation, as his job there was partly paid for by Abramovich. We were able to look at it in a different way.
“Now it is quite a challenge for Turkey to achieve qualification to Euro 2012. I think the Turkish Federation would never allow him to do a double job. And Guus would never consider walking out on the Turkish Federation to come to London. He enjoyed very much his time at Chelsea. But there is no chance, no chance, of him going back.”
Kaka to Blues.
Chelsea target Kaka is believed to be heading to Stamford Bridge this summer – at least that is the Brazilian’s preferred destination according to the player’s super-agent Ernesto Bronzetti according to Goal.com .
The Real Madrid midfielder had been heavily linked with a January move to Inter Milan after missing much of this season through injury thus far, but Bronzetti – who is well connected at the Bernabeu – thinks the 28-year-old will choose to move to London at the end of the season.
He said: “I am the only Italian to know [Real Madrid president] Florentino Perez very well. We are bound by a ten-year friendship. I talked with him a few days ago.
“Florentino is a bit stubborn and he would not accept losing a bet [on Kaka], it’s the same for Maicon and [Diego] Milito, who will not go to Madrid. [Inter] have a ruthless competitor called Chelsea. If he were to leave in June, he has a 90 per cent chance of going to Chelsea and not Inter.”
Pastore links grow.
Javier Pastore has confirmed that Chelsea held an interest in bringing in the Palermo striker, but has insisted he rejected their advances as well as those of Barcelona and Real Madrid in order to stay at the Stadio Renzo Barbera.
Goal.com reports that the 21-year-old admits he is not yet ready to leave and seek a greater challenge, but the player did indicate that he is likely to do just that in the future.
“I confirm Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid have all looked for me, but I am missing something to join a club of that level,” Pastore told Argentinean radio, as reported by Golsicilia.it.
“I am fine in Palermo and I am always growing. Plus, the affection from the fans is fantastic. I am only 21 and I still have to spend a couple of seasons here. If the chance arrives in future then I will think about it.”
Don’t forget to check out the Chelsea page, updated daily here at A Different League for the latest in-depth analysis.