Chelsea news – Terry won’t face criminal enquiry, Carlo defends youth policy, No Vuckic signing

Terry won’t face criminal enquiry.

John Terry will not face a criminal enquiry over claims that he assaulted a steward towards the end of Chelsea’s 1-0 loss at Wolves on Wednesday.

A spokesman for West Midlands Police confirmed that a complaint had been made when Terry allegedly pushed Patrick Steadman while retrieving a ball which had gone out of play.

According to The Press Association, the spokesman said: “We can confirm that a man attended a police station in Wolverhampton on the afternoon of Thursday January 6 to make a complaint of assault following an incident in injury time of the Wolves vs Chelsea match the previous evening.

“The man is a steward at Wolverhampton Wanderers FC and claims he suffered an injury after being pushed by a player during the course of the game.

“After viewing the footage of the incident, police will be taking no further action with regards to this complaint.”

The champions had earlier dismissed the complaint with a statement of their own, saying: “Video footage of the match clearly shows any claim to be ridiculous. The club will vigorously defend itself and its player against this frivolous claim.”

Carlo defends youth policy.

Carlo Ancelotti has defended his decision to trim the Chelsea squad last summer by allowing the likes of Michael Ballack, Joe Cole and Ricardo Carvalho to leave, according to the Fulham and Hammersmith Chronicle.

The Italian also insisted the club’s youth policy is working despite the champions struggling to defend their title.

He said: “I always thought that this was a good squad, I thought this at the start of the season. We were together in agreement that we should put more young players in the squad from the beginning of the season and I maintain this opinion but now it does not look so good.

“I am very happy when I see [Josh] McEachran play fantastic football and I am very happy when [Jeffrey] Bruma came back. We don’t want to put them in every game because they don’t have experience but step-by-step they are improving.

“It is difficult when the situation is not so good to give McEachran the key to manage the play of the team at 17 years old. I prefer to use Essien who has experience.”

No Vuckic signing.

Chelsea target Harris Vuckic has committed his long-term future to current club Newcastle, by signing a new contract to keep him at St. James’ Park until 2016 according to The Shields Gazette.

The 18-year-old has reportedly been watched by Chelsea and Manchester United in recent months, but feels he will be able to fulfil his ambitions in the north east.

Vuckic said: “I’ve been here a few years now, and am very settled, so it is good to get the deal sorted.

“I’d like to say to our supporters that as a player you will always see 100 per cent commitment from me on the pitch.”

Buy Official Chelsea matchday tickets from just £25.

Don’t forget to check out the Chelsea page, updated daily here at A Different League for the latest in-depth analysis.

Related posts

Leave a Comment