Carlos Tevez could be leaving Manchester City to join Serie A champions Inter in the summer, according to The Mirror.
The City striker has made no secret of his plans to leave the Eastlands in the near future as he handed in a transfer request earlier this season which was rejected by the club and led to them threatening to sue him if he stopped playing for the club whilst under contract.
Leonardo is keen to bring the 27-year-old to the San Siro to play for the Nerazzurri next season and it is understood the club are preparing a £25million bid for the Argentine.
Tevez is the Premier League’s second top scorer with 18 goals this season and scored his first Premier League hat-trick this season against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
Platt: Game to plan.
Manchester City coach David Platt has said that the Citizen’s first-half plan paid off as they held a three goal lead at half-time thanks to a Carlos Tevez hat-trick.
Platt said the trick was to push the players on and get the City full-backs into West Brom’s half: “We pushed players on in the first half. We knew that when we played at the Hawthorns our full-backs played in their half. The manager reinforced that before the game. We wanted to play in their half when we had the ball.”
He added: “We almost had numerical advantage going forward which enabled players like Carlos and David Silva to come off and find little holes. Carlos has also hit the post as well.”
City eye Young.
Manchester City are set to battle against archrivals Manchester United and Liverpool for the signing of Aston Villa winger Ashley Young, according to Goal.com.
The 25-year-old has been linked with a move away from Villa Park for some time and the English international has refused to sign a new contract with the Lions.
The Blues were close to making an offer for Young on the transfer deadline day as they hoped to bring in a replacement for the injured Adam Johnson.
It is understood that an offer of at least £12.5million would be required to persuade the Villa board to let the player go. Young has 18 months remaining on his contract and is currently earning £65,000-per-week, which all three clubs would have no problem in increasing.