Barcelona get Busquets boost ahead of Man Utd clash

Barcelona have been told that midfielder Sergio Busquets will be allowed to play in the Champions League final after allegations of racism had surfaced in the wake of the Catalans’ semi-final meeting with rivals Real Madrid.

Los Blancos had alleged that the Barca man had racially abused defender Marcelo in their fiery first-leg encounter on the 27th April.

Scroll down for rest of article

UEFA told the club on Monday that Real’s complaint and request for disciplinary action to be taken against Busquets had been dismissed by European football’s governing body following an investigation. According to a statement on the association’s website, the Chairman of the Control and Disciplinary body rejected the claims due to a lack of strong and convincing evidence.

The decision now clears the midfielder to play against Manchester United in Europe’s showpiece finale at Wembley in just under a fortnight, where the men from Catalunya will be aiming to complete a domestic league and European cup double.

Related posts

Leave a Comment