Tottenham news – Wickham replaces Falcao as target, Eriksen reveals Ajax stay, Levy to ignore Modric transfer request

Eriksen reveals Ajax stay.

Denmark under 21 midfielder Christian Eriksen has revealed that he will stay at Ajax next season, because he is not ready for Premier League football.

The News of the World reports that the 19 year old, who was knocked out of the European Championships with Denmark on Saturday evening, is high on the list of transfer targets from both Tottenham and Arsenal. Eriksen has revealed his admiration of the talents of players at White Hart Lane, but has told the club that they should wait a while until he gets more experience.

Eriksen said: ‘I know all about Tottenham. They have great players like Rafael van der Vaart and Luka Modric. They are a very nice team and they play well. But I know I’m not ready for the next stage yet. That’s why I am staying here to learn.’

Tottenham are looking for a playmaker and some new exciting signings to try and keep Luka Modric at the club, but if Modric decides that he wants to leave White Hart Lane, the 19 year old Dane could be a good replacement at White Hart Lane

Scroll down for rest of article

Wickham main target.

Tottenham have ruled out any possible move for Porto striker Falcao and are more interested in signing Ipswich striker Connor Wickham, the Daily Mail reports.

Falcao was a key figure in Porto’s successful Europa League victory last season and after Tottenham’s strikers had a poor run of form last season, Spurs manager Harry Redknapp was in the market for a new striker. The reservations of a move for Falcao is how he can make the team better and Tottenham have come to the conclusion that he will not improve them as much as other forwards would do.

Wickham is a reported target for Spurs and they have enquired into the availability of the 18 year old. Ipswich have valued their striker at £10 million and are not expected to dip from that stance in an attempt to make as much money as they can.

Levy to ignore Modric transfer request.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has revealed that he will tear up any written transfer request from midfielder Luka Modric, News of the World reports.

The Croatian revealed earlier this week that he would like to leave the club to go to Chelsea, but has not handed in a formal transfer request to the club. Chelsea have had a £22 million bid rejected by Tottenham and Levy released a passioned statement about the move, claiming that they were not in a position to sell their prized midfielder.

Levy said: ‘In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea or any other club.’ Levy has also revealed his disgust at Chelsea putting the bid into the public eye, after Tottenham made themselves clear on the offer.

Modric signed a six year deal at White Hart Lane last summer and Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp expects his player of the year to see out his contract and propel Spurs back to the Champions League.

Open an account with bet365 today and qualify for up to £200 in free bets with our fantastic 100% Deposit Bonus.

Don’t forget to check out the Tottenham page, updated daily here at A Different League for the latest in-depth analysis.

Related posts

Leave a Comment