Arsene Wenger is preparing an improved bid for Stade Rennes player Yann M’Vila as he looks to bolster his midfield following the recent departure of Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona, Samir Nasri’s imminent move to Manchester City and Jack Wilshere’s ankle injury, The Daily Mail has revealed.
Arsene Wenger has around £90m to spend this summer and is on the lookout to sign M’Vila as well as young Lille star Eden Hazard.
The Gunners are looking to offer £22m for the 21-year-old after the Ligue 1 side rejected their £15m bid.
M’Vila broke into the Rennes first-team in the 2009/10 season and has been a key player for the Rouges et Noirs and has played for France 11 times.
Wenger has been chasing 20-year-old Hazard for a few years and the young winger has revealed that the Gunners would be his first choice if he were to leave France
Arsenal face a tough task of convincing Rennes and Lille to sell their star players and neither youngster has expressed any unhappiness with their employers, nor have they shown any desire to force a move out of France.
Scroll down for rest of article
Wenger: No Nasri tapping up.
Arsene Wenger has expressed his disappointment in Samir Nasri’s departure but has dismissed claims of Manchester City tapping up the midfielder, according to Sky Sports.
The Gunners announced on Tuesday that an agreement had been made between the two clubs for Nasri and that the Frenchman would be joining the Citizens for £22m.
Wenger refused to be drawn into claims that City had tapped up the 24-year-old, saying just “Who knows?” when asked such questions.
The Gunners boss admitted that both Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri’s refusal to sign new contracts forced the club into selling both stars, stating: “We did not want to lose Fabregas, but we were forced into a situation we didn’t want. Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else.
“I don’t question Samir Nasri’s commitment or professionalism because he was in training this (Tuesday) morning. If I told him, ‘You come with us and play’, he would have played like he did on Saturday but you wonder what kind of a commitment you can have.”
Wilshere injury setback.
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Jack Wilshere will be out of action for an indefinite period with an ankle injury, The Daily Mail reports.
Wilshere picked up an injury at the end of last season and was out for three weeks but the 19-year-old midfielder damaged it further during Arsenal’s preseason tour of Asia and his boss feels he must be careful not to rush back into action as his injury may develop into a stress fracture.
Wenger said: “It’s a hotspot on the bone of the ankle and if you continue to play it can lead to a stress fracture. So we had to stop him.
“He felt the first sign in the second half of the game against Switzerland in June. After that, during the holidays, it was all right and then his pain increased when we were on tour in Asia.
“We had two good test days on Friday and Saturday. Monday morning, we had a test with the squad and he felt it again.”
Can Arsenal win the Premier League next season? OLBG.com lists them at 9/1 to take home the title. Click the highlighted link for the latest odds and pick up a free bet while you’re at it!
Don’t forget to check out the Arsenal page, updated daily here at A Different League for the latest in-depth analysis.