Barcelona´s Dani Alves talks to
– Do you consider yourselves favourites for the trophy after the result at the Bernabeu?
Not at all. In games between Barca and Madrid there are never favourites, although I have to admit we have a certain advantage.
– Do you think you faced a totally different Madrid team than usual?
They played with a lot of intensity, moved the ball very quickly and created a lot of chances.
– How do you think your team played?
We are still slightly off the pace. We have been improving little by little but still not quite there. I think we worked well, more so after seeing the opponents we were facing.
– You had a few scuffles with Pepe again….
He plays with excessive force. I don´t think he should do those type of things, for his own and his opponent´s sake. What´s clear is that Pepe and I are not, nor will be, friends for the time being.
– How did you rate Alexis´ first match, your teammate out wide?
I was not surprised because I knew he was a great player. He played very well and is slowly getting into his rhythm with the team. I´m sure he will be a success here.
– And now you have Cesc. What do you think?
I´m glad we´ve signed a player like him, known throughout the world. He will bring great quality and we will give him a warm welcome.
The original Spanish version of this interview conducted by D. Moreno and published on as.com can be found here.