Liverpool news – Reds approach Clayton, Aquilani interest alive, Jovanovic decision near

Reds approach Clayton.

Crewe manager Dario Gradi has claimed that Liverpool have made an illegal approach for England under 17 international Max Clayton, Sky Sports reports.

The forward has been linked with several Premier League clubs, but signed a three year deal with the League Two side before he left for the under 17 World Cup in June. Gradi was delighted with Clayton committing to Crewe, but has accused the Reds of attempting to sign the 16-year-old in the past.

Gradi said: ‘Max handled it very well. He didn’t knock us at all. He had the chance to go to Liverpool, which might not happen again. I didn’t think it was right for him and in any case, it was an illegal approach.’ The Crewe boss has also spoke about the difficulties he faces in keeping his young prospects at Gresty Road.

‘I am managing to keep them away from the big clubs, but it’s becoming harder. The scouts will always latch on to our games because they know they are going to see good players’, Gradi said.

Scroll down for rest of article

Aquilani interest alive.

Fiorentina boss Sinisa Mihajlovic has revealed that any move for Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has not been abandoned by the Serie A side, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Aquilani spent last season on loan at Italian club Juventus and the 27-year-old is deemed as a backup player to the rest of the Liverpool midfield. His time at Anfield has been disrupted with injury and loss of form and Aquilani is keen on a move back to Italy and away from Merseyside. Fiorentina have long been admirers of the Italian midfielder and a move could be back on the cards after reports last month that a fee could not be agreed.

Mihajlovic said: ‘Is the Aquilani deal up in smoke? From now until the end of the market, there is still plenty of time, so let’s not lose hope. The club, myself and director of sport Pantaleo Corvino have clear ideas and we know exactly what to do’.

Jovanovic decision near.

Milan Jovanovic’s future will be decided by Tuesday and a move to Belgian side Anderlecht seems the likely option, Liverpool Echo reports.

The 30 year old joined the Reds on a free transfer from Standard Liege last summer and is now surplus to requirements with Liverpool, having not featured in any of the club’s pre-season fixtures. Anderlecht are keen to take Jovanovic back to Belgium and the forward will find out whether a move will be sealed later this week.

Jovanovic told a Belgian newspaper: ‘On August 2, I will know whether or not I will move to Anderlecht. Then I have a meeting with the board. The interest is serious and the board really wants me. There is a big chance an agreement will be made’.

Reds manager Kenny Dalglish is looking to trim his squad before the start of the Premier League season and Jovanovic’s performances last season have warranted in his sale from Anfield.

Can Liverpool win the Premier League next season? OLBG.com lists them at 12/1 to take home the title. Click the highlighted link for the latest odds and pick up a free bet while you’re at it!

Don’t forget to check out the Liverpool page, updated daily here at A Different League for the latest in-depth analysis.

Related posts

Leave a Comment