Wesley Sneijder has hinted that there is a possibility that he will be joining Manchester United this summer after Inter admitted that a bid had been made for the playmaker, according to Metro.
The former Ajax star has been heavily linked to a move to Old Trafford as Sir Alex Ferguson is in the market for someone to replace Paul Scholes and he has made Sneijder his number one priority.
After new Inter coach Gian Piero Gasperini announced that a bid had been made for the World Cup runner-up, the Dutchman said: “I am always happy. I am a happy guy. I am happy to train every day with my colleagues and play my games for the fans and everyone at the club.
“And whatever happens after that, we will see. There is always a chance something will happen but we will see.”
Scroll down for rest of article
Nani: I’ll improve.
Manchester United winger Nani says he is determined to regain his place in Sir Alex Ferguson’s starting XI and he believes the competition he faces to get into the first-team will help him improve as a player, The Sun has revealed.
Nani, who scored the opening goal in United’s 2-1 victory over Barcelona in Washington on Saturday night, lost his place in the team to Antonio Valencia towards the end of the season and with the addition of Ashley Young to the side, he faces extra competition in getting into the United squad.
But the 24-year-old has not been deterred and says he wants to build on United’s success last season: “I will try. I want to do much better than last season. Competition is good, it inspires you. If you have competition, you will train harder and push yourself in every game. I can get better. That is what I am trying to do. It is not easy but it is what I look to achieve every year.
“If I can get more goals and more assists, that will be good for the team and help us in all the competitions we are going for.”
Valencia contract problems.
Contract negotiations between Manchester United and Antonio Valencia have stalled as the two parties cannot reach an agreement over the player’s image rights, the Daily Mail reports.
United’s chief executive David Gill announced that he was confident the Ecuadorian would be signing a new contract but talks have hit a stumbling block and negotiations are not expected to resume until the beginning of the season.
The winger, who flew home from United’s tour of the US early with an ankle injury, currently has two years remaining on his £50,000 per-week contract but the club are anxious to tie him to a new long-term deal.