The 22-year-old joined on a 12-month loan from Braga in the summer but has only made one substitute appearance for the Rojiblancos. He answered questions for AS ahead of his team’s weekend trip to Granada.
– So far you have not enjoyed very many minutes, how do you see your chances of getting into the team?
Of course everyone wants to play as many minutes as possible. I have also wanted to help and if the Coach considers it appropriate then I will be happy with that.
– Are you worried by the effect of not playing?
We all like to play a lot. Me too, but I know that there are great players here with great quality. I will continue to work so that when the Coach does call on me I am ready.
– You have been here for two months. Is the club as you expected?
Yes, it is as I thought. It’s a great club with great history and players. I am very happy to be here and eager to help.
– How does the next game against Granada look?
We go into every game looking to win and we look forward to Granada, to try to win and bring home the three points, which is important now.
– Have you spoken to Manzano about your situation?
Yes, he has spoken to me. He said he is happy with my work, to continue and that the opportunity will come my way. I am calm and continue to try and get into the team.
The original and full Spanish version of this interview conducted by Sandra del Estal and published on as.com can be found here.