Chelsea eye Pato after Allegri falling-out

Chelsea are on red alert over the future of AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato after the striker hinted at a bust-up with coach Massimiliano Allegri, The Daily Mail reports.

Pato has been linked with a move to the Premier League all year and reports suggest the Blues, along with league leaders Manchester City, are interested in the Brazilian. Allegri told Pato earlier this season that he is no longer an automatic pick for Milan. The Brazilian has long been considered one of the brightest young talents in world football and believes he should start for the Serie A champions. Milan have insisted that Pato will not join City in a deal that could see Carlos Tevez go in the other direction.

Allegri and Pato have seemingly fallen out, due to comments made by the Brazilian striker. A January exit from San Siro could happen and Chelsea are keen to sign Pato. Andre Villas-Boas wants to strengthen his forward line and sees the Brazilian as a marquee signing for Chelsea. The transfer window reopens on Sunday and the Blues will enquire to Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani over the availability of the 22 year old.

Pato said: ‘I would like to have a more direct relationship with Allegri. I won’t say much more. If he thinks it is right to criticise me, then I have to keep my head down and work. I have to respect what the coach says. But the fact remains that if he has seen something wrong with my game, then he should come to me directly so we can discuss it.’

See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Chelsea v Aston Villa

Related posts

Leave a Comment