Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Victor Moses from Wigan – a deal which has taken their summer spending above £80 million. According to Yahoo
Roberto Di Matteo spoke of the player before the deal was completed this week and said: “Roberto Martinez has done a wonderful job with this player since signing him. He’s really developed him. He had a very good season last year and hopefully we can progress his development. He can play either wing and will give the team width. He has good dribbling ability, has pace and is powerful.”
Moses signed for the Latics in January 2010 from Crystal Palace and went on to play 73 Premier League games for the side, scoring eight goals. The 21-year-old becomes the second signing of the week for the Blues who signed Cesar Azpilicueta from Marseille on Friday morning.
However, Moses is expected to have more competition for a place in the first team than the Spanish right-back. The European Champions have already added Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin this summer – all of who play in the attacking third – so the Nigerian international could find his time on the pitch limited.
The fee for the deal was undisclosed but Dave Whelan has already said he was holding out for £9m for the player.