Balotelli pays up in effort to save Man City career

Mario Balotelli has paid a fine of more than £300,000 levied by Manchester City after originally planning to take his employers to a Premier League tribunal, the Daily Mail has reported.

Balotelli was fined two weeks wages – £340,000 – for his poor disciplinary record last season. The Italy international missed 11 games of the prior campaign because of on-field indiscretion and was sanctioned by the club as a result. After an internal appeal failed, Balotelli planned on taking City to a tribunal that was scheduled for Wednesday.

Talks were held between City’s lawyers and Balotelli’s representatives on the eve of the tribunal, however, and, as a result of which, Balotelli agreed to pay the fine handed down and re-iterated his desire to remain with the Premier League champions.

Balotelli was left out of the squad for City’s last league match, a 3-1 away victory over Newcastle United, with manager Roberto Mancini confirming Balotelli was not injured but would benefit more from a session at the club’s training ground.

The Mail adds that Balotelli was told the continuation of the public row between himself and the club would likely prove a bar to his return to the first team, which led to the former Inter striker agreeing to end the dispute amicably.

City were however told they mishandled the situation by deciding to fine Balotelli in the first place, with the punishment coming outside the established rules previously set by the club.

See what the expert tipsters are tipping on OLBG

Related posts

Leave a Comment