Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has reportedly answered speculation surrounding his future at St. James’ Park, stating that a move to Man United would prove an “interesting challenge”, reports The
The 27-year-old joined Newcastle in 2011 on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee, and has proven a popular figure in the North East. However, he admitted that he is listening to offers after previously admitting to feeling disillusioned at the club, saying that he could not wait to “get away on holiday and clear his head.”
When he was asked directly about the chances of a move, he simply replied: “For the moment I am at Newcastle. You never know what happens in football.”
The Frenchman is also the subject of some interest from his homeland, with Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco also believed to be in the hunt for his signature.
He is currently in South America, with France scheduled to face Uruguay midweek before taking on Brazil on Saturday. He took the time, however, to offer his approval of the newly crowned champions and certainly seemed open to a move to Old Trafford should the opportunity arise.
He said: “Yes, of course, I like this club for a long time, I like what they do. The boss has left but they have appointed a very good successor, and he did some very good things with Everton.
“They are always well placed amongst the big clubs. Yes, for sure, it could be an interesting challenge but like I said for the moment, there is nothing concrete and I am still at Newcastle.”
See what the expert tipsters are tipping on OLBG