Man Utd target Fabregas not for sale – Barcelona

Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu has said that Cesc Fabregas, the subject of a bid from Manchester United, is not for sale at any price this summer, Sky Sports has reported, as negotiations between the champions of England and Spain continue.

Fabregas is David Moyes’ main summer target as he looks to add more creativity to his midfield following the retirement of Paul Scholes at the end of last season. The 26-year-old’s former club Arsenal, however, have first refusal on Fabregas, and are thought to be interested in him themselves, complicating matters for United slightly.

Man Utd officials are in talks with Barcelona, and Moyes said earlier on Friday that he is waiting for an update on the negotiations with Fabregas. He added: “I couldn’t tell you exactly where we are with that, but I will hopefully know a little bit more in the next day. I might have a little bit more information about how it’s going.

Barcelona meanwhile, say they have no intention of allowing Fabregas, who they signed in 2011, to leave. Bartomeu declared: “Barcelona can assure you we will not entertain any offers for Cesc, It is totally ruled out, he’s not for sale.

See what the expert tipsters are tipping on OLBG

Related posts

Leave a Comment