Chelsea have made a second offer for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, ESPN
The bid was dismissed on Sunday evening and came in at around £25m, with United having previously rejected a £20m offer for the England international. United manager David Moyes has repeated consistently that he does not want to sell Rooney; his Chelsea counterpart, Jose Mourinho, has said Rooney is the club’s only remaining transfer target of the summer.
Rooney is said to be unsettled at Old Trafford, a discontent stemming from last season when he appeared to fall out of favour under former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who claimed Rooney handed in a transfer request. Rooney denied doing so, but ESPN suggests he could this summer before the transfer window closes in around a month’s time.
The reception Rooney gets from the United crowd is expected to play a part in his decision, it is also claimed. A negative response during a home United friendly is likely to push the former Everton forward toward the exit door, with Rooney having also faced a mixed attitude from supporters at the end of last season, when Ferguson spoke of the alleged transfer request issued by Rooney.
See what the expert tipsters are tipping on OLBG