Konoplyanka told to forget failed Liverpool move

Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka has been told to put his failed January move to Liverpool behind him as his side take on Tottenham in the Europa League on Thursday, reports the Liverpool Echo.

Liverpool had looked set to make the Ukraine international their only January signing on deadline day, as a medical had been successfully completed and personal terms had been agreed, only for Dnipro owner Ihor Kolomoyskyi to refuse to sign the paperwork before the transfer window shut.

Now, the 24-year-old has been told by manager Juande Ramos that he expects him to be at his best when they host Spurs in the first leg of their Round of 32 clash. Ramos said: “It is a normal situation when the market is open and there are rumours about the possible transfers,” Ramos said.

“Some take place, some do not, they don’t have the right to decide to move or not. He had a very successful training camp in Spain and he trains a lot, follows all of the directions, tries his best and I’m sure he will do his best in this competition and in this round and will help us succeed in this round.’

Konoplyanka was philosophical over the saga concerning Liverpool, saying: “Everything that happened is in the past. There is a good saying ‘everything is for the best’ – all we have to do is concentrate on the game.

“It doesn’t influence my game tomorrow and if the coach finds it possible to put me in the team I will do all I can – all I have to think about is that game. It is a good chance for any player to play against a team like that. It is a better motivation for us to play tomorrow and do our best.”

See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Liverpool v Swansea

Related posts

Leave a Comment