Chelsea closing in on third target from Atletico Madrid

Chelsea are said to be closing in on no less than three Atletico Madrid players, with a £51m combined offer thought to be in the works, according to ESPN.

The Champions League runners up face losing the trio with Chelsea looking to bolster their squad in the hopes of landing their first trophy since Jose Mourinho’s return to Stamford Bridge last summer, and £32m-rated striker Diego Costa tops the list, as has been previously reported.

It is understood that Costa’s Atletico team-mate Filipe Luis is also the subject of considerable interest from west London, and has a £19m buyout clause in his contract – and that is a valuation the Blues are said to be willing to meet in order to bring in the left-back.

As reported on Wednesday, Tiago is another man that Jose Mourinho wants to bring in – and that move could well happen on a free transfer once the 33-year-old’s contract expires in June.

Tiago was a Chelsea player during Mourinho’s first stint at the Bridge, and featured in their title winning squad in 2004-05.

See what the expert tipsters are tipping on OLBG

Related posts

Leave a Comment