Tottenham defender Walker could miss World Cup, says Hodgson

England manager Roy Hodgson has admitted that Tottenham right-back Kyle Walker could miss the World Cup with an injury to his pelvis, BBC Sport has reported.

Walker has been out of action since suffering the injury during Tottenham’s Europa League tie against Benfica on March 13. Kyle Naughton has deputised for his fellow ex-Sheffield United player in each game since then.

And it now looks possible that the problem could be serious enough to force Walker to miss the World Cup, where he would have been likely to be second-choice behind Liverpool’s Glen Johnson for the right-back slot.

Hodgson said: “We haven’t been told for certain that he will be out for the next six to 10 weeks but we are concerned. I know he has had another injection. We are waiting to find out whether that helps. He has not been fit for a long time.”

Should Walker not be fit enough for the tournament in Brazil, the uncapped Jon Flanagan could be handed his first ever call-up, while it would make 23-year-old the fourth England player to be ruled out of the World Cup through injury after Theo Walcott, Jay Rodriguez and Spurs teammate Andros Townsend.

See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on West Ham v Tottenham

Related posts

Leave a Comment