Debuchy confirms Arsenal talks

Newcastle United right-back Mathieu Debuchy has confirmed that he is in talks with Arsenal over a proposed move to the North London club, ESPN has reported.

Debuchy has been heavily linked with Arsenal over recent days, and will now hold talks with the FA Cup winners after arriving back from the World Cup. He now looks set to fill the right-back position that has been vacated by Bacary Sagna, who left after seven years to join Premier League champions Manchester City.

He has been at Newcastle since January 2013, making 46 appearances and scoring once. The Magpies are looking to hold out for a fee of £10m for Debuchy, who is looking likely to become Arsenal’s first summer signing, although they are said to be keen on a number of players.

There had been reports on Saturday evening that the 28-year-old had appeared to confirm the move on Instagram, but Debuchy insisted it was not he who made the post. Despite that, he did admit talks between Arsenal and his representatives are ongoing. “It wasn’t me who posted it on Instagram. Everyone is saying that, but nothing has been done. For the moment, we are discussing it. Arsenal are a great club. We’ll see what happens,” he said.

View the latest World Cup 2014 odds and betting here

Related posts

Leave a Comment