Mike Ashley refutes claims of imminent Pardew sacking

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has denied claims that Alan Pardew faces the sack if his team are unable to claim the three points against Stoke this weekend, Sky Sports is reporting.

Pardew has been under huge pressure to deliver at St James’ Park after a more than lacklustre start has seen them fail to win in the league so far.

A report in today’s Independent newspaper has claimed comments from Ashley mean Pardew could lose his job by next week – something Ashley’s lawyers insist has been taken out of context.

The newspaper have claimed the Newcastle chief told its reporter: “(Pardew’s) got one more game. If we lose against Stoke on Monday night, then he’s gone. I have had enough.

“Dead. Finished. Over. One more game, then that’s it.”

The same report then went on to state that lawyers on behalf of Ashely had claimed that the owner was in fact humouring reporters – after it was widely said that boss Pardew only had two games to save his Newcastle career.

The comments from Ashley are rare considering the owner does not make a habit of speaking about club affairs in public.

Pardew himself brushed the story off in his press conference this week when questions were put forward to him, although he did acknowledge the weight of pressure and expectation surrounding his position of late.

He is currently two years into the controversial eight-year deal handed to him by Ashley.

See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Stoke v Newcastle

Related posts

Leave a Comment