Frank Lampard has refused to rule out the extending of his loan at Manchester City this season, the Daily
Following his release from Chelsea the former Blues legend was snapped up by Manchester City’s new MLS franchise New York City.
With the season in America not starting until the new year Lampard was due to join the club’s Australian side Melbourne City before the club opted to bring him back to the Premier League until January 1st to keep the 36-year-old in match condition.
Despite making a slow start to life at the Etihad, a string of fine performances – he has netted four goals in six appearances so far including the equaliser against former club Chelsea – have brought on speculation that the club would be prepared to extend the short term deal for at least another month.
And now Lampard himself has refused to dismiss the possibility that he could stay at the club longer than first thought.
He said: “The temptation is to not get ahead of myself in my career. I am here until January 1, basically, so I will focus on that and see what happens then.
“There has been a lot said about when the season starts, but the only thing that can decide my future is how well I am playing. They will be kicking me out in January if I don’t play very well!
“I am just looking game to game and trying to play as well as I can.”
Before being released by Chelsea Lampard managed to become the club’s leading record goal scorer with 211 goals, an impressive feat for a midfielder.
He also put together ten consecutive seasons of reaching double figures for goals, with five seasons in a row bagging 20 goals of more.
See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Man City v Tottenham