Aston Villa boss Lambert admits job is not secure

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has admitted that his position at the club is not secure following a desperate run of results, BBC Sport has reported.

The Scotsman signed a new four-year contract in September, having led his side to three wins and a draw from their opening four Premier League games. Since then, however, they have gone on to lose five on the spin without scoring, culminating in Monday’s 2-0 reverse at Queens Park Rangers.

This poor form has seen Villa slip to 15th place, the position in which they have finished in both of Lambert’s previous seasons in charge, having been appointed as the replacement for Alex McLeish in the summer of 2012.

Depending on Saturday’s results, their position in the table could be worse by the time they take on Tottenham on Sunday, and ahead of that encounter, Lambert admitted that results were likely to determine his future.

“I never think fireproof, I never think anybody’s bomb-proof,” he said. “I know football is about trying to get results. It’s got nothing to do with my contract. We’ve just not clicked. We’ve got lots of players who can score goals,” Lambert said. “You’ve just got to stick with it and keep the belief.”

See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on Aston Villa v Tottenham

Related posts

Leave a Comment