Pellegrini will not consider Toure sale despite poor form

Manuel Pellegrini has said Manchester City will not consider selling midfielder Yaya Toure despite his incredibly poor showing so far this season, according to the BBC.

The big Ivorian has not been the same player that was touted for awards last season and placed on the short list for the Ballon D’or in October – his form coming after a turbulent summer.

The player’s relationship with his club nosedived over the summer months after a series of public fall outs caused intense speculation he would move, with incidents ranging from the City failing to acknowledge his birthday to claims, that were denied by the club, that they would not allow him compassionate leave to visit his dying brother on the eve of the World Cup.

Following a poor showing at the World Cup with Ivory Coast, and the passing of his brother, he returned to patch things up with club officials – but has been well below the standards set last term.

His poor performances culminated in a petulant red card on Wednesday night as he was sent off for pushing Roman Eremenko during City’s shock 1-2 defeat to CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.

But despite all this, and growing reports he could be offloaded as early as January, manager Pellegrini has defended the 31-year-old and insisted the idea of a sale has never been entertained.

He said: “Yaya is a very important player. In the second half he made a mistake, which saw him sent off.

“But I am not, and I am sure nobody else in this club is talking about selling Yaya Toure.”

See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on QPR v Man City

Related posts

Leave a Comment