Harry Kane reveals how he snubbed summer interest from Man United

Tottenham striker Harry Kane has revealed that he avoided all the speculation surrounding his his future this summer by simply ignoring his mobile phone, the Daily Express reports.

The England international, who bagged his third goal for his country during Tuesday night’s 2-0 win over Switzerland, was the subject of some intense speculation over the course of the transfer window, with Manchester United believed to have made several enquiries into his availability (via Express).

United were unable to dislodge the 22-year-old from White Heart Lane in the end, and instead turned their attentions toward little known Monaco forward Anthony Martial, laying out £36m for his signature (via BBC).

And Kane, who enjoyed a brilliant breakthrough season in 2014/15, insists he had no interest in leaving Tottenham during the transfer window, opting to focus on taking a break from football and enjoying a well earned break instead.

“It was important for me to have a good break after the Euros and last season,” Kane said.

“The gaffer (Mauricio Pochettino) said that I should go away for three weeks and just forget about football, clear my mind and relax.

“So I went to America and the Bahamas with my girlfriend, played some golf, chilled on the beach and tried to forget about the phone and not look at social media.”

Kane bagged 31 goals in 51 appearances across all competitions last season, but has so far failed to get off the mark for his club this term.

SEE MORE:
Manchester United News
Man United deny Barcelona interest in Ander Herrera
Manchester United star tells teammates that fourth place is not good enough

Related posts

Leave a Comment