According to Calciomercato, and confirmed by Sky Sports on Twitter, the Chinese club will pay an Asian record £38 million for the Brazilian. The record was broken only recently when Atletico’s Jackson Martinez moved to Chinese champions Guaghzuo Evergrande on a £32 million deal.
Like Martinez, Teixeira will become one of the highest paid football players in the world, coming in at a joint tenth place with Kevin De Bruyne, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Edinson Cavani. Martinez is ranked fifth.
The full top 10 (as reported by Gazzetta dello Sport contributor Tanceri Palmeri):
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – £16.1 million
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – £15.4 million
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG)- £12.3 million
4. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) – £10.4 million
5. Jackson Martinez (Guaghzuo Evergrande) – £9.6 million
6. Thiago Silva (PSG) – £9.2 million
7. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) – £8.8 million
8. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
Angel Di Maria (PSG) – £8.4 million
10. Edinson Cavani (PSG)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Manchester United)
Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
Alex Teixeira (Jiangsu Suning) – £7.6 million