Roberto Mancini has publically criticised Man City officials for refusing to answer speculation regarding his future, according to BBC
Mancini yesterday watched his Man City side fall 1-0 victims to Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup Final, meaning that the club have failed to win any silverware this year.
There had been reports in recent weeks that even victory at Wembley on Saturday evening would not have necessarily proven enough to prevent the Italian from getting the sack, and so rumours continue to circulate that Mancini’s days at the Etihad Stadium may be numbered.
When asked about the matter, Mancini said: “You continue to speak about this for six months and also too much in the last two weeks. I don’t know why the club didn’t stop this because I don’t think it’s true.
“I don’t know if it is true or not. I don’t think so. I do know football and in football anything can happen. In one or two weeks you can know if it’s true or not. I don’t need to ask the club about it. There is no reason to ask.”
Mancini was seen on the Wembley touchline before the game talking to City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak. When asked about the conversation, he responded: “Do you think the chairman told me before the game ‘don’t worry’?
“We will see if it is true in the next two weeks. If it is not true you have written stupid things in the last six months. If it is true I’m stupid because I don’t understand this. I work with serious people and I think I did a good job.”