Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp believes that a member of the club’s board may have told the press that his job is under threat after recent speculation that he could be sacked, reports the Daily
The 67-year-old has been at Loftus Road since November 2012, and while he was unable to prevent QPR from relegation that season, he guided them back into the Premier League at the first attempt through the play-offs. After 21 games this term, they are second from bottom and a point from safety, mainly due to not picking up any points from their 10 away matches.
Stories emerged earlier on the week that the West London club were considering Redknapp’s future, and that he needed a positive result in Saturday’s game at home to Manchester United in order to cling on to his job.
When asked about the rumours, Redknapp considered the possibility that an ‘insider’ tipped off the press. He said: “I have had a great time and I want to carry on doing it. But if the chairman decides otherwise because someone, somewhere has tried to cause me a problem by talking to someone at a paper, I know what the score is.
“I don’t wonder who it is. I might look silly, but I’m not. There is always someone trying to put a spoke in. It is an ‘insider’. Who is this ‘insider’? They should check everyone’s phones and find out. That’s the best way. It’s easy. Get all their phones and see who has rung the journalist in question.”
See what the expert tipsters at OLBG are tipping on QPR v Man Utd